编辑:sx_gaohm
2016-02-16
英语属于印欧语系中日耳曼语族下的西日耳曼语支,并通过英国的殖民活动传播到世界各地。以下是精品学习网为大家整理的高一必修一英语寒假复习知识点,希望可以解决您所遇到的相关问题,加油,精品学习网一直陪伴您。
高一必修一英语寒假复习知识点:Nelson Mandela a modern hero
1. A great person is a someone who devotes his/her life to helping others.
伟人是把自己的生命奉献给帮助别人的人。
(He started to study ecology and decided to devote his whole life to the science.他开始研究生态学,并决心将他的一生献身于这门科学。He devoted himself entirely to music.他将一生奉献给了音乐。)
2. fight against 对抗,反对,与……作斗争
We are all brothers in the same fight against injustice.在共同反对非正义行为的斗争中, 我们都是同志.
People often have to fight for their liberty.人们往往不得不为自由而战。
He and his wife are always fighting about who will take after the children. 他与他妻子总是在为由谁来照看孩子而吵架。
3. He worked selflessly in China as a doctor and saved many Chinese soldiers. 作为一个医生他无私地在中国工作,并且拯救了很多中国战士。
4. He strongly believed in the three principles: nationalism; people’s rights; people’s livelihood. 他主张三民主义:民主、民权、民生。
5. be free from 免于,不受
A judge must be free from prejudice.法官必须不抱成见。
6. in a peaceful way 以和平的方式
7. be in prison 入狱,在狱中服刑 in the prison 在监狱
8. the same…as…和……一样
9. the first man to land on the moon 第一个登上月球的人
10. The time when I first met him was a very difficult period of my life. 第一次见到他的时候是在我一生中非常艰难的时期。(定语从句)
11. He was generous with his time,for which I was grateful.他十分慷慨地给予我时间,我为此非常感激。(He is generous with his money.他花钱大方。I am grateful to you for helping me.感谢你的帮助。Our grateful thanks are due to you.我们衷心感谢你。)
12. have little education 受的教育少
13. I could not read or write well. 我既不会读也不会写。
14. I worried about whether I would become out of work. 我担心我是不是会失业。
15. I became more hopeful about my future. 我对自己的未来充满了希望。(I am hopeful that she will come tomorrow. 我对她明天要来抱着希望。)
16. as soon as I could 尽快, 马上
17. The last thirty years have seen the greatest number of laws stopping our rights and progress, until today we have reached a stage where we have almost no rights at all. (定语从句) 过去30年来所出现的大量法律剥夺我们的权利,阻挡我们的进步,一直到今天,我们还处在几乎什么权利都没有的阶段。 (The 19th century saw many changes. 许多变革发生于19世纪。at an early stage in our history在我们的历史早期)
18. …we were put into a position in which we had either to accept we were less important, or fight the government. 我们被置于这样一个境地:要么我们被迫接受低人一等的现实,要么跟政府作斗争。
19. Only then did we decide to answer violence with violence. 只有到这个时候,我们才决定用暴力反抗暴力。(Only 位于句首,修饰副词、介词短语或状语从句时,句子采用部分倒装的语序;修饰状语从句时,只有主句采用部分倒装的语序。
如:① Only in this way can you come up with a solution to the problem.只有这样,你才能想出解决这个问题的办法。
② Only after being asked three times did he come to the meeting.叫了三次他才来参加会议。
③ Only when he is seriously ill does he ever stay in bed.病的很重时,他才卧床休息。
Only then did I realize my mistake. 直到那时我才知道我的错误.)
20. as a matter of fact 事实上 (As a matter of fact,it is health that counts.事实上,健康才是最重要的。 As a matter of fact, parents don’t want their children to be in trouble. 事实上,父母都不希望子女有麻烦。)
21. In 1963, I helped him blow up some government buildings.
在1963年,我帮助他炸毁了一些政府大楼。(Can you lend me a pump to blow up my bicycle tyres?你能借给我个打气筒给车胎打打气吗?
Then it turned out that some stars, like our own sun will blow up one day. 然后,事实上有些恒星,就像我们自己的太阳,有朝一日会爆炸。)
22. …I knew it would help us achieve our dream of making black and white people equal. ……我知道这是为了实现我们的黑人和白人平等的梦想。
23. in trouble 处于困境 遇到麻烦
Do as you're told, otherwise you'll be in trouble.叫你怎么做就怎么做, 否则有麻烦.
24. be willing to do sth. 愿意,乐于Only very few people would be willing to share with him their opinions.很少有人愿意跟他分享他们的见解。
25. What was his attitude towards the unfair situation black people faced? 他对黑人面临的不公平处境什么态度?
26. turn to 变成;求助于,借助于, 翻到,转向
She had no one to turn to for advice.
她没有一个可以商量的人。
Who can I turn to in my hour of need? 在我需要的时候我能向谁求助呢?
As they were out of work, Mr and Mrs Black had to turn to their relatives for help.布莱克夫妇由于失业,不得不向亲戚求帮助。
27. … the quality of life for black people got worse. …… 黑人的生活质量更糟糕。
28….many people remember me as one of the first active black fighters for human rights 很多人认为我是为人权而战的第一批积极的黑人战士之一。
29. lose heart 灰心;泄气, 丧失勇气,失去信心
Difficulties were increasing. Even then we did not lose heart. 尽管困难在增加,但我们毫不灰心。
You will succeed sooner or later while you don't lose heart.只要你不失去信心,你迟早会成功。
If you fail, you should not lose heart but just keep on going. 如果你失败了,你也不该灰心。
30. escape from 逃脱,逃离,从……逃出
He listens to music as an escape from the pressures of work.
他听音乐以缓解一下工作的压力.
He stayed in the background to escape from the public attention. 他呆在幕后为了避开公众的注意。
The couple had a narrow escape from the fire.这对夫妻从火灾中死里逃生。
31. He taught us during the lunch breaks and the evenings when we should have been asleep. 在午餐的休息时间和晚上我们本应该睡觉的时候他教授我们。
should have done 本应做而未做
needn’t have done 本不应做而做了
can’t have done 过去不可能做过
标签:高一英语知识点
精品学习网(51edu.com)在建设过程中引用了互联网上的一些信息资源并对有明确来源的信息注明了出处,版权归原作者及原网站所有,如果您对本站信息资源版权的归属问题存有异议,请您致信qinquan#51edu.com(将#换成@),我们会立即做出答复并及时解决。如果您认为本站有侵犯您权益的行为,请通知我们,我们一定根据实际情况及时处理。